Omis – A cable car and new hotels at the mouth of Cetina

Omiš – A cable car and new hotels at the mouth of Cetina Cable car ride to the medieval fort ‘Fortica’ situated on Mount Dinara near Omis is the main attraction of the investment plan, constructed for the town at the mouth of Cetina, by a group of business people from the United States. With the realisation of this project the tourist offer of Omis would change significantly. A restaurant, a small hotel, a café and a gift shop are also envisaged as part of the plan.


The construction of the addition to Plaža Hotel in the town centre has recently started in Omis. With the new wing, the accommodation capacity will be doubled, so instead of 41 rooms, there will be 89 rooms with 200 beds. As a four-star facility the hotel will get a wellness and congress centre, which will be the first in this area, with a large conference hall that will be able to accommodate 300 people and three smaller ones with a capacity to hold 80 people all together. The investment is worth about 5 million euros and works should be completed by the beginning of May next year, at the latest.

The construction of two more hotels should soon begin in Omiš: one with 170 and the other with more than 400 beds as well as an apartment village with 1100 beds. With this, the Dalmatian town of Omis, which is located at the mouth of the river Cetina, around 20km from Split, would become an unmissable destination for foreign tourists.

The history of this small town is long and interesting. In a small area visitors can view many culturally-historical sites: from churches that date back to the 10th up to the 18th century, to numerous monuments, fort Fortica and museums.

Today, Omis and its 30km long Riviera are turned to the development of tourism.

Everyone who wishes to get away from the city bustle can find peace in the nature and small fishing villages on the riviera, while those in search of an active holiday can also enjoy rafting on River Cetina, free climbing, paragliding, diving, sailing, sand volley ball, tennis and other.

5 comments:

  1. My family members all the time say that I am killing my time here at net,
    but I know I am getting knowledge all the time by reading such
    good articles.

    Here is my weblog; more information here

    ReplyDelete
  2. My coder is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP.
    I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.
    But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using WordPress on numerous websites for about a year and am anxious about switching
    to another platform. I have heard very good things about blogengine.net.
    Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it?
    Any help would be really appreciated!

    Feel free to surf to my website: history of nudism

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great items from you, man. I've keep in mind your stuff prior
    to and you're simply too great. I really like what you have received here, really like what
    you're saying and the best way in which you assert it.
    You are making it enjoyable and you continue to take
    care of to stay it smart. I can not wait to read far more from you.
    That is actually a tremendous site.

    Visit my site ... blogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should take part in a contest for one of the most useful sites online.
    I most certainly will recommend this blog!

    My page :: joyce banda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly when someone doesn't know then its up to other viewers that they will assist, so here
    it takes place.

    Feel free to visit my blog post ... joyce banda

    ReplyDelete