NYT - Dubrovnik should be visited this year

The New York Times recently published a list of 45 international destinations that should be visited this year in the Travel section of its website, as well as in the printed edition. Dubrovnik came in 36th and was described as "St. Tropez of the Balkans ", with equal parts of classic and modern offers. The article mentions the fact that Dubrovnik has had good results in the last five years, especially thanks to the western market, and that the number of visitors has been growing by about 10 percent per year.
It points out that Dubrovnik is often reffered to as the jewel of the Adriatic, and describes its marble streets, Renaissance fountains and white sandy beaches. Also, according to the article, the expansion of the Dubrovnik airport was recently completed and the cable car system was re-built, allowing improved access and panoramic views of the city. The Dubrovnik hotels that were mentioned are the Pucić Palace, the Excelsior and Villa Dubrovnik as well as restaurants that offer innovative cuisine - Gil's, Panorama and Lucin Kantun.

Taking the first three places in the NYT's are Panama, Helsinki and Myanmar. Europe dominates the list of recommendations with a total of 16 places. Listed along with Dubrovnik and Helsinki are London, Moscow, Glasgow, Florence, Turin, Vienna,the Ukraine, Crans-Montana in Switzerland, Montepellier in France, Lodz in Poland, Dalarna in Sweden, Portovenere in Italy, Algarve in Portugal and Wales.

Recommended world destinations are: Tokyo, Tanzania, Chilean Patagonia, Lhasa in Tibet, Havana on Cuba, Puebla in Mexico, San Diego in the U.S., Halong Bay in Vietnam, Kerala in India, Paraty in Brazil, Koh Rong in Cambodia, Dakhla in Morocco, the Maldives, Malacca in Malaysia, Antarctica, Uganda, Jordan, South Korea and others.

The Tourist Board of Dubrovnik-Neretva County
www.visitdubrovnik.hr

The Tourist Board of Dubrovnik
www.tzdubrovnik.hr

The New York Times
www.nytimes.com

5 comments:

  1. Appreciate the recommendation. Let me try it out.


    Feel free to visit my homepage - http://www.nudistjoy.com/category/nudist-camp/ (www.yatoo.ch)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group?

    There's a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Cheers

    Also visit my weblog: nudists

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed!
    Very useful info particularly the last part :) I
    care for such info much. I was looking for this particular info for a
    very long time. Thank you and best of luck.

    Here is my weblog: http://www.nudistjoy.com/category/videos/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! At last I got a webpage from where I can really get
    valuable data regarding my study and knowledge.


    My site; http://www.nudistjoy.com/category/nudist-camp/ (com.mx)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep this going please, great job!

    Here is my webpage - english nudist beaches

    ReplyDelete