Mljet, national park



Situated on the island of the same name, Mljet National Park is the most important protected area of the Dalmatian south. The park covers the western part of the island, which many regard as the most alluring in the Adriatic, full of lush and varied Mediterranean vegetation. The park includes two deep bays which, due to their extremely narrow links with the sea, are regarded as and indeed named lakes: the Great Lake and the Small Lake. Mljet is also very rich in cultural heritage, the most prominent example being the complex of the 12th century Benedictine monastery. The monastery is located on a small island in the middle of the Great Lake and is set in a lush park. Over the course of centuries, numerous chronicles, dissertations and other literary works have been written here. Located within the monastery is the church of St Mary.

Contact

  • Street Pristanište 2
  • Postal Code 20226
  • Town Goveđari
  • Telephone +385 (0)20 744 041
  • Telephone +385 (0)20 744 058
  • Fax +385 (0)20 744 043
  • E-mail np-mljet@np-mljet.hr

3 comments:

  1. Good info. Lucky me I discovered your blog by chance (stumbleupon).
    I have bookmarked it for later!

    Stop by my homepage; how to get your ex back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Neat post. There is a problem with your website in internet explorer, could check this?
    IE still is the marketplace leader and a large element of folks
    will omit your magnificent writing because of this problem.


    my blog post ... how to get your ex back

    ReplyDelete
  3. An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a colleague who has been doing a little research on this.
    And he actually bought me breakfast simply because I discovered
    it for him... lol. So let me reword this.... Thanks for the meal!!
    But yeah, thanx for spending the time to talk about this subject here on your site.


    my weblog - nudism

    ReplyDelete